Experienced and motivated civil servant with considerable knowledge and experience in the areas of public policy and administration, governmental relations, public finance, and state/local affairs. Effective communicator, leader and critical thinker with a track record of establishing goals, devising strategies and accomplishing objectives with precision and efficiency.
Old Dominion University
Doctor of Philosophy, Public Policy and Administration
Columbus State University
Master of Public Administration
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Enterprise Management Analyst August 2020 – Present
Mecklenburg County Government (North Carolina)
- Works in cooperation with county leaders and departments on operational strategy and budget development.
- Participates in research and analysis projects to develop sustainable, repeatable and
quantifiable business process improvements.
- Provides consulting, project management, training and support to various government
Director of Operations/Legislative Liaison July 2019 – July 2020
Office of the District Attorney, Chattahoochee Judicial Circuit
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the District Attorney’s office including personnel management and financial affairs — overseeing an annual budget of $3 million and various capital assets.
- Oversees the strategic planning and implementation of various projects and initiatives sponsored by the District Attorney throughout the six-county circuit.
- Monitors state and local legislation on behalf of the District Attorney, maintains productive relations with state and local delegations and develops the District Attorney’s response to legislative matters in relation to the proper execution of law.
Budget and Management Analyst Oct. 2017– June 2019
Columbus Consolidated Government (Georgia)
- Assisted in the creation and publishing of the operating and capital budget of the Columbus Consolidated Government, a local governmental entity serving over 200,000 residents.
- Planned and performs trend analyses and revenue projects; determined financial and socio-economic indicators; performed analysis of operating position, debt structure, unfunded liabilities, and fund balance; designed and utilized forecasting models and statistical techniques.
- Monitored and analyzed state legislation affecting operating budgets and made appropriate allowances.
IT Support Specialist April 2017–April 2018
Columbus State University
- Maintained a working knowledge of technological troubleshooting skills to optimize the equality of learning and productivity on campus.
- Participated in process improvement and employee development.
- Assisted the IT Support Service Manager in overseeing the work of HelpDesk agents.
Security Operations Specialist Dec. 2016–Oct. 2017
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Responsible for maintaining national security by preventing threats to aviation in public airports.
- Operated various screening equipment and technology to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers, and prevented those objects form being transported into aircraft.
- Engaged in continuous development of critical thinking skills, necessary to mitigate actual and potential security threats by identifying, evaluating and applying appropriate situational options and approaches.
PUBLICATIONS IN PROGRESS
- Judicial Ramifications on 21st Century Felony Disenfranchisement in the United Kingdom and Germany: A Study in Comparative Politics
- Started April 2014
- The Imposition and Economic Implications of United States and European Union Sanctions on Russia in Response to the Annexation of Crimea
- Started December 2015
- Judicial Intervention in the Bureaucratic Rule-making Process (A Research Design Proposal)
- Started November 2013
American Society for Public Administration
International City/County Management Association
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated
Pi Alpha Alpha Honor Society
Rotaract Club of Greater Columbus, Georgia